2 cup of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Salt
3 tsp of Butter at room temperature
4 tbsp of Nutella
3/4 cup of Milk
Starting by combined all the dry ingredients
Add Butter and Nutella
Blend, then add Milk
Mix and place the Dough on top of a floured board and knead few times
Pat to 1 inch thickness and cut with Biscuits cutter
Place them in a oven tray Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes
Roasted Vegetable Padella
1 Tbs Bertolli Classico Olive Oil or any other Mild Flavor olive Oil
2 large onions, peeled and cut into quarters
4 large stalks celery, cut into small dice
4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large acorn squash, peeled, cut in half, seeded, and cut into large chunks
8 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole, optional
3 potatoes, peeled
2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, optional
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs chopped fresh Sage,
1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme,
5 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters, or 2 cups canned whole tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbs flour
4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the bottom of a large flameproof roasting pan with oil. Place onions, celery, carrots, squash, garlic (if desired), potatoes, and scallions in pan. Stir well; add salt, pepper, sage and thyme.
2) Roast, stirring once or twice, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and gently stir in tomatoes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and roast for another 15 minutes.
3) Remove pan and place it over two burners set on medium-high heat. Sprinkle flour onto vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add stock and bring to a boil.
4) Taste; add salt and pepper if desired. Place pan back in oven. Roast 15 minutes until sauce is thick and vegetables are cooked. Serve hot.
Pulled Beef and Barely Soup
4 lb. chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes & patted dry
½ c extra light olive oil
2-½ qt. beef broth
I onion -diced
2 large carrots -sliced into ½ inch slices
2 celery stalks –sliced
1 parsley root –diced
1/3 c fresh parsley -minced
1 c barley
4 thyme sprigs
2 whole cloves
1tsp salt +more to taste
1) Heat up 3 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan (cast iron works great) and brown the beef on all sides. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate & keep warm.
2) Work in batches as to not overcrowd the meet and add a little bit of oil in between if necessary.
3) Wipe the pan clean with paper towels and add another 4 tbsp. of the oil. Add the onion, parsley root, cloves herbs and sauté together for 5 minutes. Return the meat to the pot, pour in the broth, partially cover with a lid and allow it to cook for about 2 hours.
4) Add the sliced carrots, celery and barley and let it simmer for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables and barley are tender and the meat is falling apart. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf, thyme sprigs and cloves.
5) Ladle into bowls and serve hot with a sprinkling of minced parsley.
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
4 c Bertolli Classico olive oil
10 flour tortillas
1 lb. roast chicken –shredded
1 tbsp. dry oregano
28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper- diced
1 ½ qt. chicken broth
The juice from ½ lime
4 scallions –sliced
1/c c fresh basil –chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt + more to taste
¾ c Queso Blanco cheese –grated
1 large avocado –seeded & diced
Cilantro leaves for garnish
Sour cream for serving
1) Heat 3 tbsp. of the olive oil in a heavy bottom pot and sauté the onions and peppers with a pinch of salt until translucent.
2) Add the tomatoes, cumin, oregano and broth and bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Add the shredded chicken to the pot and cook just until warmed through, a few minutes. Remove from flame, adjust seasonings and stir in the chopped basil and lime juice.
3) Meanwhile heat up the rest of the oil in a pot over high heat. Add the tortilla strips and fry until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
4) Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a few tortilla strips, some diced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, some of the cheese and green onions. Garnish with a cilantro leaf.
Spaghetti Carbonara with Pork Belly and Fresh Peas
Spaghetti Carbonara with Pork Belly and fresh Peas
½ tsp coarse kosher salt
½ tsp pepper, crushed
1 pound fresh pork belly
1 diced onion
1 diced carrot
½ celery stalk, diced
5 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
2 tbsp dry white wine
½ cup low-salt chicken broth
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup dry white wine
½ cup heavy cream
1 pound spaghetti
1.5 cups shelled fresh or frozen peas
4 large eggs yolk
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1) Rub pork with coarse salt and pepper
2) Preheat oven to 300 place pork belly in large ovenproof saucepan. Add onion, next 5 ingredients, 2 tbsp wine, and chicken broth. Bring to boil, cover, and transfer to oven.
3) Cook until pork is very tender when pierced with fork, turning every 30 minutes, about 2 hours.
4) Discard any fat on surface or the bottom of the of pork. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Add pork belly and cook until browned on all sides, stirring often, about 10 minutes, set aside
1) Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Add peas; cook 1 minute longer.
2) Meanwhile, whisk eggs in large bowl. Add ¼ cup Parmesan and the cream; set aside. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Whisk ¼ cup hot cooking liquid into egg mixture. Add pasta; toss to coat.
3) Add mixture to skillet with pork and toss, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if dry. Season generously with black pepper. Divide among bowls and serve.
Mashed Potatoes: Fabio’s Mom’s Style
6 Russet potatoes, peeled and cut each in 6 pieces
6 cloves of peeled Garlic
4 tbsp of melted Butter
2 tsp of Salt
½ tsp of Grated fresh Nutmeg
1.5 cup of Heavy Cream
½ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
1.cup of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( or any other strong flavor Olive Oil )
1) Boil the potatoes in water with the Garlic cloves and strain them once the Potatoes are fully cooked
2) Place Garlic and Potatoes in a kitchen Mixer with the Paddle attachment
3) Add all the rest of the ingredient making sure that the Cream is hot
4) Paddle on a nice speed so the mixture will be smooth and even
5) Top with a strong Extra virgin Olive Oil