Penne with Zucchini, Ricotta Salata and Mint
2 lbs small zucchini grated with the large part of a cheese grater
3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
3 tbsp Aged balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
21 pinches of dried crushed red pepper
2 lbs penne
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup crumbled ricotta salata
1) Sautee zucchini until tender in a bit of olive oil, about 5 minutes.
2) Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
3) Drain all but 1 cup. Add pasta and water to zucchini mixture in the sauté pan, then add the rest of the ingredient but the ricotta and cook 3 minutes more.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish with ricotta salata
Spaghetti Carbonara with Pork Belly and Fresh Peas
Spaghetti Carbonara with Pork Belly and fresh Peas
½ tsp coarse kosher salt
½ tsp pepper, crushed
1 pound fresh pork belly
1 diced onion
1 diced carrot
½ celery stalk, diced
5 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
2 tbsp dry white wine
½ cup low-salt chicken broth
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup dry white wine
½ cup heavy cream
1 pound spaghetti
1.5 cups shelled fresh or frozen peas
4 large eggs yolk
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1) Rub pork with coarse salt and pepper
2) Preheat oven to 300 place pork belly in large ovenproof saucepan. Add onion, next 5 ingredients, 2 tbsp wine, and chicken broth. Bring to boil, cover, and transfer to oven.
3) Cook until pork is very tender when pierced with fork, turning every 30 minutes, about 2 hours.
4) Discard any fat on surface or the bottom of the of pork. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Add pork belly and cook until browned on all sides, stirring often, about 10 minutes, set aside
1) Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Add peas; cook 1 minute longer.
2) Meanwhile, whisk eggs in large bowl. Add ¼ cup Parmesan and the cream; set aside. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Whisk ¼ cup hot cooking liquid into egg mixture. Add pasta; toss to coat.
3) Add mixture to skillet with pork and toss, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if dry. Season generously with black pepper. Divide among bowls and serve.