1 cup raw lentils, rinsed
2 cloves of Garlic
2 sprig of rosemary
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tbsp Extra light olive oil
1 pork tenderloin (1 1/4 lb)
3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup cashew nuts, toasted
2 tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the lentils, Garlic, Rosemary and 1 tsp salt; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender for 20-25 mins. Drain.
3) Add 1 tbsp of the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper and cook, till brown on all sides, then transfer to the oven and roast until cooked through, for about 10 minutes, let rest for 5 more.
4) In a large skillet add the remaining 2 tbsp oil, and add celery, carrot, onion, Cashew and Oregano, and cook till caramelized.
5) Transfer to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredient and serve with the pork.
1 red onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 pound sliced Button Mushroom
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
15 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
1.5 cup Red WIne
1 cup Chicken Stock
1/2 tsp Rosemary
2 tsp teaspoon Oregano
Salt and Pepper
1 whole chicken cut in 1/16th
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons Extra frying light Oil
1) Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil until Caramelized
2) Add wine and chicken stock and simmer and reduce for 15 minutes.
3) Add tomato and seasonings.
4) Dredge chicken in flour and brown pieces in 2 tablespoons olive oil until golden.
5) Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish, cover with sauce.
6) Bake at 375 for 30 to 45 minutes till chicken is ready
Penne with Zucchini, Ricotta Salata and Mint
2 lbs small zucchini grated with the large part of a cheese grater
3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
3 tbsp Aged balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
21 pinches of dried crushed red pepper
2 lbs penne
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup crumbled ricotta salata
1) Sautee zucchini until tender in a bit of olive oil, about 5 minutes.
2) Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
3) Drain all but 1 cup. Add pasta and water to zucchini mixture in the sauté pan, then add the rest of the ingredient but the ricotta and cook 3 minutes more.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish with ricotta salata
Linguine alle Vongole – Lunguini Clams
Homemade pasta dough rolled and cut in ½ inch ribbons
4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fish broth or clam juice
2 lbs fresh or small clams in shells
5 cloves of Garlic crushed
1 tbsp of butter
½ cup fresh parsley chopped
10 small leaf of basil
1 cup dry white wine
1) In 3-quart saucepan cook with 2 tbsp of olive oil, garlic on medium fire, Add the wine, deglaze and completely reduce
2) Add the broth and the clams and bring the fire on medium/low
3) Add the butter and boil gently, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
4) Boil the linguini in salted water for only 2 minutes, drain them and add them to the pasta sauce, bring fire on high
5) Heat through, till the sauce is reduced and the pasta is coated
6) Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and top with fresh chopped parsley
2 cup of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Salt
3 tsp of Butter at room temperature
4 tbsp of Nutella
3/4 cup of Milk
Starting by combined all the dry ingredients
Add Butter and Nutella
Blend, then add Milk
Mix and place the Dough on top of a floured board and knead few times
Pat to 1 inch thickness and cut with Biscuits cutter
Place them in a oven tray Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes
Roasted Vegetable Padella
1 Tbs Bertolli Classico Olive Oil or any other Mild Flavor olive Oil
2 large onions, peeled and cut into quarters
4 large stalks celery, cut into small dice
4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large acorn squash, peeled, cut in half, seeded, and cut into large chunks
8 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole, optional
3 potatoes, peeled
2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, optional
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs chopped fresh Sage,
1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme,
5 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters, or 2 cups canned whole tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbs flour
4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the bottom of a large flameproof roasting pan with oil. Place onions, celery, carrots, squash, garlic (if desired), potatoes, and scallions in pan. Stir well; add salt, pepper, sage and thyme.
2) Roast, stirring once or twice, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and gently stir in tomatoes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and roast for another 15 minutes.
3) Remove pan and place it over two burners set on medium-high heat. Sprinkle flour onto vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add stock and bring to a boil.
4) Taste; add salt and pepper if desired. Place pan back in oven. Roast 15 minutes until sauce is thick and vegetables are cooked. Serve hot.
Pulled Beef and Barely Soup
4 lb. chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes & patted dry
½ c extra light olive oil
2-½ qt. beef broth
I onion -diced
2 large carrots -sliced into ½ inch slices
2 celery stalks –sliced
1 parsley root –diced
1/3 c fresh parsley -minced
1 c barley
4 thyme sprigs
2 whole cloves
1tsp salt +more to taste
1) Heat up 3 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan (cast iron works great) and brown the beef on all sides. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate & keep warm.
2) Work in batches as to not overcrowd the meet and add a little bit of oil in between if necessary.
3) Wipe the pan clean with paper towels and add another 4 tbsp. of the oil. Add the onion, parsley root, cloves herbs and sauté together for 5 minutes. Return the meat to the pot, pour in the broth, partially cover with a lid and allow it to cook for about 2 hours.
4) Add the sliced carrots, celery and barley and let it simmer for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables and barley are tender and the meat is falling apart. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf, thyme sprigs and cloves.
5) Ladle into bowls and serve hot with a sprinkling of minced parsley.
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
4 c Bertolli Classico olive oil
10 flour tortillas
1 lb. roast chicken –shredded
1 tbsp. dry oregano
28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper- diced
1 ½ qt. chicken broth
The juice from ½ lime
4 scallions –sliced
1/c c fresh basil –chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt + more to taste
¾ c Queso Blanco cheese –grated
1 large avocado –seeded & diced
Cilantro leaves for garnish
Sour cream for serving
1) Heat 3 tbsp. of the olive oil in a heavy bottom pot and sauté the onions and peppers with a pinch of salt until translucent.
2) Add the tomatoes, cumin, oregano and broth and bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Add the shredded chicken to the pot and cook just until warmed through, a few minutes. Remove from flame, adjust seasonings and stir in the chopped basil and lime juice.
3) Meanwhile heat up the rest of the oil in a pot over high heat. Add the tortilla strips and fry until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
4) Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a few tortilla strips, some diced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, some of the cheese and green onions. Garnish with a cilantro leaf.